Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chapter Fourteen- Letting Go- Recollections

"For a glistening instant, Ky La dances before my eyes, then vanishes into memory (362)." This is the last sentence of the last chapter. After all she discussed in the book, all of it was but a dance, and then became a memory. I think the time I feel like this the most is at the end of summer. After I'm used to every day sleeping in late, going to movies and parks, bike rides daily, being away at my friends' houses days at a time, going to the mall, going to the pool, and eating frozen yogurt at Ella's, I all of a sudden switch back into school-mode and after the first week, all of a sudden the whole summer seems like a dream from which I'm waking up. Le Ly felt like this at the end of recalling her past, all of it seemed like a dream, rather than her day-to-day living. At this point in her life, she was able to let go of her present and let them turn into memories, like I will soon have to do with the coming end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment