Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Chapter Twelve and Thirteen- Finding a Family, Finding Peace- Growth
"You've come back, Bay Ly, and that's what counts. You've completed your circle of growth- the karma that brought you into the world. If you come back again. it will be part of another, new cycle- not the old one. Your past is now complete. The war for you is over. My destiny as your mother is fulfilled. Nuoc rong to nuoc lon, eh?- low tide to high tide. Poor to rich, sad to happy, beggar to fine lady- you've closed the circle of your life (314)." I decided to put chapters 12 and 13 in the same post because I think in both she is realizing that all of the pieces came together, she found her family, and she found peace. I thought it was interesting that Le Ly's mother said that she's closed the circle of her life. I didn't think the "circle" of someones life would be over until death. The way that Le Ly's mother was explaining the circle would I think give her a lot of hope because "her war is over".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment